Our Software Engineers use agile-inspired product development that stresses collaboration across UX, Design and Technology — rather than siloed groups.
The technology team’s role on a project begins as a consultant throughout UX and design phases. From kickoff to final design approval, the lead developer is an integral decision maker on both large and small decisions. Once annotated wireframes or visual design has been finalized, we hold an official development kickoff to discuss architecture, foundation, and implementation. The team is familiar with both waterfall and hybrid-agile processes. Depending on the approach, we may identify and break out individual development cycles. Our QA and technology teams work closely together to test finished features, report any bugs, and assign tickets. In some cases, a launch plan is created for more complex app or website launches. The bulk of our engineers live in Chicago with one mobile developer in California. We do not utilize offshore resources.
- Objective-C & Swift for iOS - Used to write iPhone, iPad, and mac applications
- Android - Java - Once you've worked out the UX and Design on iOS, it's time to go Android
- XCode, Android Studio, Eclipse, Git, MacOSX
- Native App Sprite Boards - Sliced graphics used for cutting graphics for Android and iOS applications
- Unity3D C# - Fully integrated development engine used to create games and other interactive 3D content
- Ruby On Rails - Chicago-born open source web application framework which runs on the Ruby programming language
- Responsive Web
- HTML 5, Canvas
- Twitter Bootstrap
- CSS 3